ONE YEAR IN OFFICE; SO FAR SO GOOD
An overview of 11th June, 2019 to 11th June, 200 of Hon. Olalekan Rasheed Afolabi (Asoju Rere) Public Office at the National Assembly, Abuja.
Courtesy: Asoju Rere Media Office
The 365 days Deputy Chairman of House Committee on Special Duties and Sports has been of active service to the growth and development of the good people of Ifelodun, Boripe and Odo-Otin Federal Constituency as elected Member of House of Representatives, National Assembly, Abuja.
During the period under review, star motions were moved, ambitious bills were sponsored and many behind the scene engagements were initiated, all to bring dividends of democracy to our federal constituency. The bills and motions include the following;
1) FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL) IKIRUN, OSUN STATE (ESTABLISHMENT) BILL,2019 (HB. 438)
(2) NIGERIA ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT BANK (Establishment) Bill, 2020(HB.729) FOR THE BENEFITS OF ENTERPRISING AND CREATIVE YOUNG GRADUATES TO EXPLORE FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT.
3) STAR MOTION ON THE URGENT NEED FOR A CONSCIOUS AND CLEAR CUT POLICY TO CHECK THE RISING AND ALARMING TIDES OF THE GEOMETRICAL RATE OF NIGERIA POPULATION.
4) MOTION ON THE URGENT NEED TO BEGIN AND COMPLETE REHABILITATION OF LONG ABANDONED IKIRUN – OKE ENDE – OORE – ILIE TO OGBOMOSO ROAD
5) MOTION FOR THE URGENT REHABILITATION OF UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN COLLEGE OF HOSPITAL (UCH) OKUKU HEALTH CENTRE IN ORDER TO BEGIN OPERATION BACK
To the glory of God, all these moves are yeilding positive results already. Below are some of the positive results on the motions moved;
1) Inclusion of activation of University of Ibadan College of Hospital (UCH) Okuku Health Centre in the 2020 Budget with necessary cashbaking and recent placement of advert in newspapers for bidding for the renovation.
2) The recent release of fund to the contractor handling the bridge at Ore/Ilie to Ogbomoso to go back to site to continue the project.
3) The recent visit to Eko Ende road to Ikirun Eko Ende road to Oore by The Presidency through Ecological Fund. Ecological intervention inspection has been carried out and the result is being processed for further action at present.
Communities outreach was religiously pursued, support and solidarity to artisan groups, students Unions and indigenous associations was given a priority as well as trainings and empowerment of more than 500 youths and women on various vocational skills was vigorously targeted and effectively delivered in all the three local governments of our federal constituency. The trainings include the following;
1) Digital business capacity building and start up intervention to 100 selected youths in Ifelodun, Boripe and Odo-Otin federal constituency held at Ikirun, State of Osun.
2) Training on bead making, hair braiding and tie and dye and start up support to 120 selected youths and women in Ifelodun, Boripe and Odo-Otin federal constituency held at Ikirun, State of Osun.
3) Training on agricultural and environmental biosafety for productive harvest and start up support for 100 young farmers and women in Ifelodun, Boripe and Odo-Otin federal constituency held at Iragbiji, State of Osun.
4) Training on crop preservation and financial discipline and start up support for 100 youth and women in Ifelodun, Boripe and Odo-Otin federal constituency held at Okuku, State of Osun.
Real employment had been directly secured for our graduates and many facilitated through letters of recommendation to goverment ministries, departments and agencies. Massive home based Legislative Aides were employed and exposure to opportunities was also practically entrenched among others.
Whenever Asoju Rere is at home since he becomes a Member of House of Representatives, he usually extend hand of support and assistance to all the major groups and stakeholders at the federal constituency. Most especially, at all festive periods, it is usually support unlimited. Just recently, over 4,000 targeted vulnerables were taken care of at the early stages of Covid-19 pandemic and the lockdown that followed it.
This is just the beginning. Asoju Rere will continue to build on the gains recorded so far to serve you more and attract more development to our federal constituency both in quality and quantity. Through your support, his commitment to the service of the good people of Ifelodun, Boripe and Odo-Otin to the best of his ability is still intact and unwavering.
While we thank you for the tremendous support for the journey so far and ceaseless one for the tasks ahead, we are fulfilled to say; so far, so good. To God be the glory.